I decided to upgrade the cranks on my Cell Bikes fixie because I want to ride this bike on Chandler Velodrome. The original cranks were 170 mm and 130 bcd. I also wanted to be able to swap chainrings with my Wabi Special which has 144 bcd cranks/chainrings, so decided to upgrade the cranks on the Cell Bikes fixie to 165 mm 144 bcd Andel RSC1 cranks. This meant also changing the bottom bracket to a 107 mm Shimano BB-UN55, as well as an assortment of chainrings.
The complete build list is:
- Andel RSC1 165 mm 144 bcd crankset (562 grams)
- Chainring bolts supplied with Andel crankset (21 grams)
- Shimano BB-UN55 107 mm bottom bracket (288 grams)
- Generic bottom bracket bolts (27 grams — pair)
- Kirrawee Cycles BBK 144 bcd chainrings 49 tooth (119 grams), 50 tooth (137 grams) and 51 tooth (124 grams).